Former UFC fighter Anthony Johnson made a successful light heavyweight debut against Esteves Jones last night at Titan FC 24. The AXS TV-aired card took place at the Memorial Hall in Kansas City, Kansas. The card also featured the successful MMA debut of BJJ master Braulio Estima, who finished his opponent, unsurprisingly, by submission.
Johnson absolutely dominated the bout from start to finish. Johnson hit Jones with powerful punches and kicks before easily taking Jones down and opening up with some powerful ground and pound that had Jones in survival mode as the round ended. In the second, Johnson easily evade his opponent’s wild strikes and took his opponent down into side control, where he quickly finished the bout with nasty strikes.
Braulio Estima was finally able to make his MMA debut last night against Chris Holland. The decorated grappler has faced a combination of promotional and injury issues in securing his MMA debut but finally landed a debut in KC. Estima received an early wakeup call as Holland briefly buckled the BJJ master with a hard right. Estima quickly recovered and quickly got the fight into his comfort zone by forcing Holland to the mat. Holland managed to survive a guillotine and arm-triangle attempt by Estima. However, the third time proved to be the charm as the BJJ savant locked in an arm-triangle from the mount that quickly separated Holland from consciousness.
Main Card Results (AXS TV)
- Anthony Johnson def. Esteves Jones via TKO (strikes) at 0:51 of Round 2
- Braulio Estima def. Chris Holland via technical submission (arm triangle choke) at 3:21 of Round 1
- Brian Davidson def. John Devall submission (strikes) at 3:27 of Round 1
- Cody Gibson def. Andrew Whitney via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-27, 30-27)
- Matthew Foster def. Matt Uhde via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Adam Stickley def. Jose Vega via submission (triangle choke) at 3:20 of Round 1
Preliminary Card (not televised)
- Jeremy Smith def, T.J. Brittin via unanimous decision
- Josh Pfeifer def. Josh Ford via unanimous decision
- Antonio Martinez def. DeAllen Hicks via unanimous decision
- Steven Graham def. Ben Louchious via split decision
- Shawn Maynard def. Keith Curtis via unanimous decision