Invicta FC 2 took the Memorial Hall in the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Kansas City, Missouri, for the weigh-ins of Invicta FC 2 ahead of tomorrow night’s event. The women hit the scales at 6:30 pm ET, with all but two competitors on the card hitting the mark.
Sarah D’Alelio missed 135 lb limit for her bantamweight bout with Vanessa Porto by 1.2 lb. Jessica Philippus who opens the card when she squares off with Liz McCarthy missed 105 lb. limit, tipping the scales at 107.2. Both women have an hour to make weight on their second attempt, and are allowed a one pound grace when weighing in.
Invicta FC 2 is headlined by highly accomplished olympic wrestler Sara McMann (5-0) taking on women’s MMA mainstay Shayna Baszler (14-6). Also featured on the card is Strikeforce veteran Alexis Davis (11-5) taking on Japanese judoka Hitomi Akono (18-9). the event take place tomorrow night at the Memorial Hall in Kansas City, Missouri, and will be streamed live and free on the promotion’s website, starting at 7 pm ET.
- Shayna Baszler (133.6) vs. Sara McMann (135.4)
- Alexis Davis (134) vs. Hitomi Akano (135.8)
- Liz Carmouche (135) vs. Kaitlin Young (135)
- Ayaka Hamasaki (114.6) vs. Lacey Schuckman (115.4)
- Amanda Nunes (135.4) vs. Raquel Pa’aluhi (134.4)
- Sarah D’Alelio (136.2)* vs. Vanessa Porto (133.6)
- Barb Honchak (124.2) vs. Bethany Marshall (124)
- Julia Budd (145.2) vs. Elina Nilsson (144.6)
- Carla Esparza (115.2) vs. Sarah Schneider (116)
- Angelica Chavez (105.4) vs. Nicdali Rivera-Calanoc (105.2)
- Sarah Moras (134.8) vs. Raquel Pennington (134.4)
- Jessamyn Duke (135) vs. Suzie Montero (136)
- Jocelyn Lybarger (124.8) vs. Cheryl Chan (124.2)
- Jessica Philippus (107.2)* vs. Liz McCarthy (104.2)