- The UFC has officially announced UFC Fight Night 15, which will take place on September 17th at the Omaha Civic Auditorium in Omaha, Nebraska. The UFC Fight Club presale begins on Wednesday, July 16th. Tickets start at just $35.
- The UFC has reached an agreement with Japanese broadcaster WOWOW to broadcast UFC events on the premium television channel beginning in August.
- In collaboration with IFC Caged Combat, the producers of Deadliest Catch, Axemen, and Ice Road Truckers are seeking MMA fighters in all weight classes for paid trials for a new MMA reality show which is tentatively scheduled for a fall debut on a major network. For more details email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 775-781-5123.
- IFL veteran Bart Palaszewski (28-11) will return to action on August 9th at Xtreme Fighting Organization 25 in Illinois against an opponent to-be-announced.
- Bodog Fight veteran Steve Steinbeiss (4-1) will take on Mark Munoz (4-0) in a light heavyweight bout at WEC 36 on September 10th.
- Razak Al-Hussan (5-0) will replace Thomasz Drwal against fellow UFC newcomer Andre Gusmao at UFC 87 on August 9th in Minnepolis, Minnesota. Drawl withdrew from the bout against Gusmao for undisclosed reasons.
- As MMAFrenzy.com previously speculated, a bout between Ultimate Fighter 7 cast members Tim Credeur and Cale Yarbrough, which was originally set to take place at The Ultimate Fighter 7 Finale, has now been rescheduled for UFC Fight Night 14 on July 19th.
- Icon Sport has officially announced it’s next event, “Hard Times”, which will take place on August 2nd at the Blaisdell Arena in Honolulu, Hawaii. As we previously reported, Kala “Kolohe” Hose will meet Rolando Dominique in a non-title, catchweight bout at the event. Also at the event, Mark Oshiro and Bao Quach will clash for the promotion’s 140-pound North American title, Ross Ebanez will take on Keoni Bryant for the Icon Sport 170-pound Hawaiian championship, and Phil Baroni will fight Ron Verdadero.