British promotion BAMMA has agreed to release middleweight champion Tom Watson. The Team Jackson-Winkeljohn and Tristar product will make his promotional debut against Brad Tavares at “UFC on Fuel TV 5.” The UFC announced the bout earlier today.
The UFC also announced a fight between British welterweight standouts John Maguire and John Hathaway for the Nottingham card. Both impressive fighters are riding winning streaks into the September 29 card.
“UFC on Fuel TV 5″ takes place September 29 live from Nottingham, England. The card will be headlined by a heavyweight clash between talented young heavyweights Stipe Miocic and Stefan Struve.
- Stipe Miocic vs. Stefan Struve
- Yves Jabouin vs. Brad Pickett
- Dan Hardy vs. Amir Sadollah
- Duane “Bang” Ludwig vs. Che Mills
- John Hathaway vs. John Maguire
- Brad Tavares vs. Tom Watson
- Akira Corassani vs. Andy Ogle
- Paul Sass vs. Matt Wiman
- Jorgen Kruth vs. Fabio Maldonado
- Robert Peralta vs. Jason Young
Photo Courtesy of Sherdog.com