Bellator 70 took place Friday night in New Orleans. In the main event, Olympic judoka Rick Hawn controlled Brent Weedman to gain the Season 6 Lightweight Tournament Title. In the co-main event, heavyweight champion Cole Konrad quickly dispatched Season 5 tournament champion Eric Prindle to retain the title.
In other action, Luis Nogueira earned a spot in the bantamweight final and Rich Clementi submitted Derek Campos.
Main Card (MTV2)
- Lightweight Final: Rick Hawn def. Brent Weedman via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Heavyweight Title Fight:Cole Konrad (c) def. Eric Prindle via submission (kimura) at 1:00 of Round 1
- Bantamweight Semifinal: Luis Nogueira def. Hiroshi Nakamura via KO (punches) at 1:58 Round 3
- Rich Clementi def. Derek Campos via submission (guillotine choke) at 4:18 of Round 1
Preliminary Card (Spike.com)
- A.J. Matthews def. Charlie Rader via KO (kick) at 3:34 of Round 2
- Jonas Billstein def. Mike Seal via submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:55 of Round 1
- Derek Arcement def. Blake Dufour via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Kelvin Tiller def. Jeremiah Riggs via verbal submission (kimura) at 3:38 of Round 3