Three fighters failed to make weight on their first attempts. Among them was Maiquel Falcao, who is scheduled to meet Andreas Spang in the main event of the evening for their middleweight tournament final bout. Preliminary card fighters E.J. Brooks and Josh Quayhagen also missed their marks. All three fighters will have an additional two hours to make the contracted weight, or forfeit a percentage of their purses to their opponents.
Bellator 69 takes place tomorrow at the L’Auberge du Lac and will air live on Spike.com and then MTV 2 (and EPIX in HD). In addition to the middleweight final between Falcao and Spang, the fight card will feature a welterweight semifinal between Karl Amoussou and David Rickels. Also on the main card, highly-ranked women’s strawweight Megumi Fujii makes her return to Bellator after suffering a controversial split decision defeat to Zoila Gurgel back in 2010.
Check out the weigh-in results below:
Main Card (MTV2)
- Maiquel Falcão (188*) vs. Andreas Spang (185.8)
- David Rickels (170.6) vs. Karl Amoussou (170)
- Megumi Fujii (116) vs. Jessica Aguilar (115.6)
- Ron Sparks (264.6) vs. Kevin Asplund (239)
Preliminary Card (Spike.com)
- Josh Quayhagen (158.2)* vs. Cliff Wright, Jr. (155.6)
- E.J. Brooks (156.6)* vs. Kalvin Hackney (156)
- Shanon Slack (146) vs. Booker Arthur (145.4)
- Andrey Koreshkov (170.8) vs. Derrick Krantz (170.8)
- Richard Hale (205.5) vs. Josh Burns (206)
- Abe Wagner (248.8) vs. Mark Holata (250.6)
*Falcao, Quayhagen and Brooks have two hours to make the weight.