Bellator 66 went down last Friday night at the I-X Center in Cleveland, Ohio and featured both the Bellator season six middleweight and lightweight tournament semi-finals, as well as a lightweight superfight between Eddie Alvarez and Shinya Aoki.
In the lightweight tournament, Rick Hawn knocked out Lloyd Woodard to advance on to the finals, where Brent Weedman, who defeated Thiago Michel by split decision, will be waiting for him. At middleweight, Maiquel Falcao and Andreas Spang advanced to the finals by defeating Vyacheslav Vasilevsky and Brian Rogers, respectively.
Spang started a scuffle with Falcao as they squared off for camera time, resulting in the Swede being fined twenty percent of his $30,000 fight winnings (which amounts to $6,000).
MMAJunkie has received the full list of fighter salaries from the event, which we pass along below. Unsurprisingly, main event fighters Eddie Alvarez and Shinya Aoki took home the night’s biggest disclosed paydays.
- Eddie Alvarez ($50k + $50k win bonus = $100,000) defeated Shinya Aoki ($60,000)
- Andreas Spang ($15k + $15k win bonus = $30,000) defeated Brian Rogers ($15,000)
- Maiquel Falcao ($15k + $15k win bonus= $30,000) defeated Vyacheslav Vasilevsky ($15,000)
- Rick Hawn ($15k + $15k win bonus = $30,000) defeated Lloyd Woodard ($15,000)
- Brent Weedman ($15k + $15k win bonus = $30,000) defeated Thiago Michel ($15,000)
- Jessica Eye ($3.5k + $3.5k win bonus = $7,000) defeated Anita Rodriguez ($2,000)
- John Hawk ($1.5k + $1.5k win bonus = $3,000) defeated Marcus Vanttinen ($2,000)
- Attila Vegh ($3k + $3k win bonus = $6,000) defeated Dan Spohn ($1,800)
- Frank Carabello ($1.8k + $1.8k = $3,600) defeated Donny Walker ($1,500)
- Julian Lane ($700 + $700 win bonus = $1,400) defeated Joe Heiland ($1,250)