The UFC has announced the roster of lightweight fighters who have been selected to partake in the upcoming season of The Ultimate Fighter. This season, the 15th edition, will air live on FX, starting every Friday on March 9th. The season will debut with a two and a half hour premiere, which will feature all 16 of the first round fights, with the winners earning a spot in the competition along with a spot in the house.
Season 15 of The Ultimate Fighter will feature two coaches who have fought twice before, UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz and former WEC featherweight champion Urijah Faber.
The lightweight-only cast of 32 fighters features few notables, with former season 13 TUF contestant Myles Jury the most distinguished. Jury (9-0), was eliminated from the show due to a torn ACL and meniscus prior to fighting past the preliminary round. Although he was removed from the show, UFC President Dana White stated that if he recovered he would be allowed to return.
The roster includes 27 fighters from the United States, 2 from England, 1 from Northern Ireland, 1 from Brazil, and 1 from Guam.
The Ultimate Fighter season 15 will debut on FX on March 9th at a special start time of 9 PM EST. Following the premiere episode, the show will air at 10 PM EST every Friday. Episodes will air taped content from the previous week and then conclude live with one or two fights between contestants.
The Ultimate Fighter season 15 roster in alphabetical order:
- Akbarh Arreloa – Chula Vista, California
- Al Iaquinta – Wantagh, New York
- Ali Maclean – Belfast, North Ireland
- Andy Ogle – Tynemouth, England
- Austin Lyons – Cordova, Tennessee
- Brendan Weafer – New York City, New York
- Chris Tickle – Bloomington, Illinois
- Cody Pfister – Amarillo, Texas
- Cristiano Marcello – Curitiba, Brazil
- Chase Hackett – Littleton, Colorado
- Chris Saunders – Long Beach, California
- Dakota Cochrane – Omaha, Nebraska
- Daron Cruickshank – Wayne, Michigan
- Drew Dober – Omaha, Nebraska
- Erin Beach – San Diego, California
- James Krause – Blue Springs, Michigan
- James Vick – Fort Worth, Texas
- Jared Carlsten – Los Angeles, California
- Jeff Smith – Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
- Jeremy Larsen – Phoenix, Arizona
- Joe Proctor – Pembroke, Massachusetts
- John Cofer – Hull, Georgia
- Johnavan Vistante – Pearl City, Hawaii
- Jon Tuck – Hagtna, Guam
- Jordan Rinaldi – Matthews, North Carolina
- Justin Lawrence – Villa Ridge, Missouri
- Mark Glover – Liverpool, England
- Michael Chiesa – Spokane Valley, Washington
- Myles Jury – San Diego, California
- Mike Rio – Miami, Florida
- Sam Sicilia – Spokane Valley, Washington
- Vinc Pichel – Sherman Oaks, California
For complete coverage of season 15 of The Ultimate Fighter, stay tuned to MMAFrenzy.com