The fighters competing on tomorrow night’s UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson fight card all tipped the scales today for their respective bouts and all made weight with the exception of Quinton “Rampage” Jackson.
Jackson weighed in five pounds over the light heavyweight limit at 211lbs.; Bader accepted the fight regardless and Rampage was made to forfeit twenty percent of his purse to his opponent.
The UFC lightweight title fight main event between champion Frankie “The Answer” Edgar and Benson “Smooth” Henderson is official, with both fighters weighing in just below the mark at 154. Yoshihiro Akiyama was successful in his first attempt to make welterweight, coming in at 169 to opponent Jake Shields’ 170.
All other fighters competing on the card hit the mark for their fights, which take place tomorrow night from the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan. The full weigh-in results are below.
MAIN CARD (PPV)
- For the UFC Lightweight title: Frankie Edgar (154) vs. Ben Henderson (154)
- Light heavyweight: Quinton Jackson (211) vs. Ryan Bader (205)
- Heavyweight: Mark Hunt (254) vs. Cheick Kongo (229)
- Welterweight: Yoshihiro Akiyama (169) vs. Jake Shields (170)
- Middleweight: Yushin Okami (185) vs. Tim Boetsch (186)
- Featherweight: Hatsu Hioki (145) vs. Bart Palaszewski (146)
- Lightweight: Anthony Pettis (155) vs. Joe Lauzon (156)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX and Facebook)
- Lightweight: Takanori Gomi (155) vs. Eiji Mitsuoka (154)
- Bantamweight: Norifumi Yamamoto (136) vs. Vaughan Lee (135)
- Middleweight: Riki Fukuda (185) vs. Steve Cantwell (185)
- Bantamweight: Takeya Mizugaki (135) vs. Chris Cariaso (136)
- Featherweight: Tiequan Zhang (146) vs. Issei Tamura (145)