Rashad Evans dominated Phil Davis from start to finish to score a unanimous decision in the main event of UFC on Fox 2 and set up a showdown with rival UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones in April if he’s injury-free.
Evans repeatedly took Davis down, controlled him on the ground, and peppered him with punches, while limiting damage of his own throughout the five-round fight to earn a 50-45 sweep from all three judges.
Evans, now 17-1-1 with four-straight wins since losing the title in 2009, will face his former teammate Jones at UFC 145 on April 21 in Atlanta if healthy, while Davis falls to 9-1 after being dealt his first loss in the UFC.
UFC on Fox 2’s co-main event saw Chael Sonnen edge Michael Bisping by unanimous decision to set up an anticipated rematch with UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, while Chris Weidman outpointed Demian Maia in the opening fight of the Fox-televised tripleheader.
The UFC on Fox 2 prelims included Evan Dunham picking up a doctor’s stoppage over Nik Lentz and Chicago cop Mike Russow topping John-Olav Einemo, while Cub Swanson, Charles Oliveira, Michael Johnson, Lavar Johnson, and Chris Camozzi also picked up wins.
The complete UFC on Fox 2 results were:
MAIN CARD (Fox)
- Rashad Evans def. Phil Davis via unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45)
- Chael Sonnen def. Michael Bisping via unanimous decision (30-27,29-28,29-28)
- Chris Weidman def. Demian Maia via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Fuel TV)
- Evan Dunham def. Nik Lentz via TKO (doctor stoppage – cut) – Round 2, 5:00
- Mike Russow def. John-Olav Einemo via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Cub Swanson def. George Roop via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 2:22
- Charles Oliveira def. Eric Wisely via submission (calf slicer) – Round 1, 1:43
- Michael Johnson def. Shane Roller via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Lavar Johnson def. Joey Beltran via KO (punches) – Round 1, 4:24
- Chris Camozzi def. Dustin Jacoby via submission (guillotine) – Round 3, 1:08