Jorge Rivera ended his MMA career on a high note on Saturday night, as the middleweight veteran retired after scoring a second-round TKO of Eric Schafer to cap off the UFC on FX 1 prelims on Fuel TV from Nashville, Tennessee.
Rivera finishes his career at 20-9 overall and 8-7 in the UFC after snapping a two-fight losing streak with the win.
Earlier on the preliminary card, Charlie Brenneman wrestled his way to a unanimous decision over Daniel Roberts and Fabricio Camoes scored his first UFC win with a first-round submission of Tommy Hayder, while three newcomers successfully made their Octagon debuts, as Khabib Nurmagomedov choked out WEC vet Kamal Shalorus, Daniel Pineda forced Pat Schilling to tap in the opening round, and Nick Denis stopped Joseph Sandoval with elbows in just 22-seconds.
The official UFC on FX 1 preliminary results were:
- Jorge Rivera def. Eric Schafer via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 1:31
- Khabib Nurmagomedov def. Kamal Shalorus via submission (rear naked choke) – Round 3, 2:08
- Charlie Brenneman def. Daniel Roberts via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Fabricio Camoes def. Tommy Hayden via submission (rear naked choke) – Round 1, 4:03
- Daniel Pineda def. Pat Schilling via submission (rear naked choke) – Round 1, 1:37
- Nick Denis def. Joseph Sandoval via KO (elbows) – Round 1, 0:22
For complete UFC on FX 1 coverage stay tuned to MMAFrenzy.com.