Brock Lesnar retired after suffering a first-round TKO to Alistair Overeem in the main event of UFC 141 this past Friday in Las Vegas, but the former UFC heavyweight champion was still among four fighters who received six month medical suspensions from the Nevada State Athletic Commission on Tuesday.
Nate Diaz, Vladimir Matyushenko, and Manny Gamburyan also received six month suspensions, but, like the rest of the card, can be cleared by a doctor to return sooner.
Overeem was suspended six weeks for cuts near his right eye from the main event, which lasted less than two and a half minutes after he stopped Lesnar with a liver kick and punches. Overeem is slated to challenge UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos later this year.
The complete UFC 141 medical suspensions includes:
- Brock Lesnar: Must have abdominal injury cleared by doctor or suspended until June 28
- Alistair Overeem: Suspended until Feb. 14 for cuts on right eye
- Nate Diaz: Must have right eye injury cleared by doctor or suspended until June 28 with minimum suspension until Jan. 30
- Donald Cerrone: Suspended until Feb. 14 for cut lower lip
- Jon Fitch: Suspended until Feb. 29
- Vladimir Matyushenko: Must have left knee cleared by doctor or suspended until June 28 with minimum suspension until Feb. 14
- Nam Phan: Suspended until Feb. 29 for cut on right eyebrow
- Junior Assuncao: Suspended until Jan. 30 for cut on right cheek
- Dong Hyun Kim: Suspended until Jan. 30 for left foot contusion
- Manny Gamburyan: Must have right shoulder cleared by doctor or suspended until June 28 with minimum suspension until Jan. 20
- Diego Nunes: Suspended until Feb. 14 for cut on left eye
UFC 141 COVERAGE
- Brock Lesnar Retires After UFC 141 Loss to Alistair Overeem
- UFC 141 Results: Alistair Overeem Demolishes Brock Lesnar for First-Round TKO
- Reaction from the Action: “UFC 141: Lesnar vs. Overeem”
- Alistair Overeem Paid Full UFC 141 Salary for Win Over Brock Lesnar
- UFC 141 Videos: Overeem vs. Lesnar, Diaz vs. Cerrone Fight Highlights
- UFC 141 Fighter Salaries: Brock Lesnar Tops Payroll Despite Loss
- UFC 141 Bonuses: Diaz, Cerrone, and Hendricks Earn $75,000 Awards