MMAFrenzy.com will have live results from tonight’s UFC 140 event in Toronto, where UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones will put his title on the line against former champion Lyoto Machida in the main event.
MMAFrenzy.com’s live coverage will begin at 6pm ET for the preliminary card and 9pm ET for the main card, which also includes Frank Mir vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Tito Ortiz vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira.
UFC 140 QUICK RESULTS
- Jon Jones (c) def. Lyoto Machida via technical submission (standing guillotine) – Round 2, 4:26
UFC Light Heavyweight Championship
- Frank Mir def. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira via submission (kimura) – Round 1, 3:38
- Antonio Rogerio Nogueira def. Tito Ortiz via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 3:15
- Brian Ebersole def. Claude Patrick via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Chan Sung Jung def. Mark Hominick via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 0:07
PRELIMINARY CARD (Ion TV)
- Igor Pokrajac def. Krzysztof Soszynski via KO (punches) – Round 1, 0:35
- Consta Philippou def. Jared Hamman via KO (punches) – Round 1, 3:11
- Dennis Hallman def. John Makdessi via submission (rear naked choke) – Round 1, 2:58
- Yves Jabouin def. Walel Watson via split decision (30-27, 28-29, 29-28)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)
- Mark Bocek def. Nik Lentz via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27 ,30-27)
- Jake Hecht def. Rich Attonito via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 1:10
- John Cholish def. Mitch Clarke via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 4:36
JONES VS. MACHIDA PLAY-BY-PLAY
Round 1 – Jones takes the center of the Octagon in a low stance with one hand on the ground before standing up. Machida circles the outside as Jones surges forward with punches. Machida struggles to pull the trigger as Jones starts to mix in leg kicks. Machida throws a combo, but loses his balance and settles back down. Machida and Jones trade leg kicks. Jones reestablishes his distance after Machida narrowly misses with a counter. Machida lands a kick to the body, but Jones avoids follow-up punches. Jones struggles to find the mark with his hands, but continues to attack with kicks. Machida tags Jones with a combo, then backs off. Jones and Machida remain elusive to close out the opening round. MMAFrenzy.com scores a close first round for Machida 10-9.
Round 2 – Jones and Machida trade leg kicks to start the second. Jones attacks the head with kicks and punches, but Machida blocks or avoids most of them. Joe Rogan believes Jones looks tentative for one of the first times. Jones lands a kick to the body, but Machida’s counter punches find their mark as well. Jones and Machida close the distance and trade punches and Jones follows with a powerful takedown. Machida is immediately bleeding from his forehead, but works back his feet. Referee “Big” John McCarthy calls time to have the cut checked and it’s deep, but the doctor quickly decides to let him fight on. Jones drops Machida with a left after the restart, but he manages to get back to his feet. Jones grabs a standing guillotine and keeps it on until the fight is stopped and Machida falls to the canvas unconscious.
Jon Jones def. Lyoto Machida via technical submission (standing guillotine) – Round 2, 4:26 to retain the UFC light heavyweight championship