Quinton “Rampage” Jackson will fight in Japan after all, as the former UFC light heavyweight champion will face Ryan Bader at UFC 144 on February 26 at the Saitama Super Arena, ESPN reported Thursday.
Jackson (32-9), a veteran of PRIDE in Japan, suffered a fourth-round submission to light heavyweight champion Jon Jones in the “Fight of the Night” at UFC 135 in September after earning another title shot with wins over Matt Hamill and Lyoto Machida. Bader (13-2) recovered from back-to-back losses to Jones and Tito Ortiz with a 77-second knockout of Jason Brilz this past Saturday at UFC 139.
A middleweight fight between Japan’s Riki Fukuda and former WEC light heavyweight champion Steve Cantwell is also expected
UFC 144, which airs as a regular UFC pay-per-view on Feb. 25 in the U.S., is headlined by UFC lightweight champion Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson and recently added a middleweight bout between Japan’s Riki Fukuda and former WEC light heavyweight champion Steve Cantwell.
The latest UFC 144 fight card features:
- Frankie Edgar (c) vs. Ben Henderson
UFC Lightweight Championship
- Quitnon “Rampage” Jackson vs. Ryan Bader
- Joe Lauzon vs. Anthony Pettis
- Hatsu Hioki vs. Bart Palaszewski
- Yushin Okami vs. Tim Boetsch
- Cheick Kongo vs. Mark Hunt
- Jake Shields vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama
- Takeya Mizugaki vs. Bart Palaszewski
- Riki Fukuda vs. Steve Cantwell
For complete coverage of UFC 144, stay tuned to MMAFrenzy.com.