UFC on Versus 6 took place tonight in our nation’s capital, where UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz defended his title over Demetrious Johnson, as “Might Mouse” proved to be a game challenger but Cruz was just a little better in each round.
Cruz nearly finished the fight with a rear naked choke to neck crank chain, but Johnson fought through it and lasted the full five rounds.
In the co-main event, Stefan Struve used his striking to set up a second-round submission of Pat Barry. Barry tried to escape the triangle choke with a power bomb, but Struve held on for the finish.
Elsewhere on the card, Charlie Brenneman’s dream year ended violently with a first-round headkick knockout to Anthony Johnson and Mac Danzig and Matt Wiman’s rematch more than made up for the controversial stoppage in their first bout as Wiman again secured the victory, only this time by decision.
The complete UFC on Versus 6 results included:
- Dominick Cruz def. Demetrious Johnson via unanimous decision (50-45,49-46,50-45)
UFC Bantamweight Championship
- Stefan Struve def. Pat Barry via submission (triangle choke) – Round 2, 3:22
- Anthony Johnson def. Charlie Brenneman via TKO (head kick) – Round 1, 2:49
- Matt Wiman def. Mac Danzig via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Yves Edwards def. Rafaello Oliveira via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 2:44
- Paul Sass def. Michael Johnson via submission (heel hook) – Round 1, 3:00
- Mike Easton def. Byron Bloodworth via TKO (knee and punches) – Round 1, 4:52
- TJ Grant def. Shane Roller via verbal submission (armbar) – Round 3, 2:12
- Josh Neer def. Keith Wisniewski via TKO (cuts) – Round 2, 5:00
- Walel Watson def. Joseph Sandoval via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 1:17