All 22-fighters from tomorrow’s UFC 84 fight card hit the scales and weighed-in successfully for their bouts.
The event was not without its headlines as former UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz took to the UFC weigh-in stage for what is expected to be the final time of his career wearing a “DANA IS MY BITCH!” t-shirt as part of his going-away attire. Ortiz, locked in a long-running feud with UFC President Dana White, who was noticeably absent from the event, is expected to seek employment outside of the octagon for the first time since 1999. Rameau Sokoudjou and Keita Nakamura and Thiago Silva and Antonio Mendes engaged in intense staredowns after they hit the scales while Goran Reljic made his presence known in advance of his UFC debut, lightly headbutting UFC 84 opponent Wilson Gouveia before exiting the stage.
OFFICIAL UFC 84 WEIGH-IN RESULTS
- 155: BJ Penn (155) vs. Sean Sherk (155)
UFC Lightweight Championship
- 205: Wanderlei Silva (205) vs. Keith Jardine (205)
- 205: Tito Ortiz (205) vs. Lyoto Machida (203)
- 205: Thiago Silva (205) vs. Antonio Mendes (203)
- 205: Wilson Gouveia (205) vs. Goran Reljic (205)
- 185: Ivan Salaverry (185) vs. Rousimar Palhares (185)
- 205: Rameau Sokodjou (204) vs. Kazuhiro Nakamura (206)
- 155: Rich Clementi (155) vs. Terry Etim (155)
- 170: Jon Koppenhaver (170) vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida (170)
- 170: Jason Tan (170) vs. Dong Hyun Kim (171)
- HWT: Christian Wellisch (230) vs. Shane Carwin (252)
In Nevada, all non-title fighters are allowed to weigh-in one pound over their weight class limit while fighters in title bouts must weigh in at or below the established weight.
MMAFrenzy.com will be providing live, comprehensive fight-by-fight coverage of the entire UFC 84 fight card tomorrow evening beginning at 8pm ET. The pay-per-view main card will start shortly after 10pm.
Stop by MMAFrenzy.com all weekend for comprehensive UFC 84 “Ill Will” coverage.