- Matt Hughes believes he will finally face Matt Serra sometime in the next six to eight months, though the bout remains unconfirmed at this time.
- Former UFC fighter and wrestling stand out Matt Lindland has announced that his next fight will be on July 19, for the upstart MMA promotion backed by “Affliction.” Lindland is also still running for Oregon State Representative.
- The Tim Sylvia-Fedor Emelianenko bout has been officially confirmed by Emelianenko himself, and will also take place on the July 19th Afflcition card.
- A recent Forbes.com article highlights Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta who are now reportedly billionaires thanks to their ownership of the UFC.
- MMA newcomer Kimbo Slice has responded via a youtube video to negative remarks made about him by Chuck Liddell.
- Paul Bradley, who was recently kicked off The Ultimate Fighter 7 due to a contagious bout with neck herpes, has since been picked up by EliteXC.
- Though originally blocked by UFC President Dana White, Anderson Silva has stated that he is still confident he will box Roy Jones Jr. some time in the next year or so.
- Top ranked MMA heavyweight Josh Barnett has been added to the May 18 World Victory Road card. The card also features Roger Gracie and Kevin Randleman, though opponents for the two have not yet been determined.
- Din Thomas recently stated that he would like to move down to featherweight (145) and compete in the WEC, after suffering back-to-back losses in the UFC’s lightweight (155) division.
- The UFC might soon begin importing middleweight and light heavyweight fighters from their sister promotion, the WEC, in an effort to supplement the UFC’s roster.
- UFC Hall Of Famer Ken Shamrock has officially filed suit against the UFC, citing contractual and payment obligations which he states the organization never fulfilled.
Report: Fedor Emelianenko Wants Bouts With World’s Best, Including “UFC Champion Fabricio Werdum”