- The UFC has “reached a deal” with HBO to show fights on the network this summer, albeit with a different broadcasting crew than the UFC traditionally uses. UFC 72 in June has already been announced for Spike TV so we are probably looking UFC 73 and beyond before we see an event on HBO.
- Dana White stated that Pride will be getting a mojor TV deal in North America and that “Inside the UFC” will be returning.
- ESPN is reported to be airing event weigh ins as well as some fights in the future although there are very few details at this point.
- White was mum on rumors of a Nogueira vs. Vera matchup stating it wasn’t known when or who Nogueira would fight.
- The reports that Matt Hughes and Diego Sanchez may be fighting in the Pride Lightweight GP are bogus as Dana White stated no UFC fighters will participate. On a related note, no weight class has been finalized for the event slated for July 16th.
- Sean Sherk vs. Hermes Franca is rumored back on the UFC 73 card July 7th which is reportedly going to be held in Sacramento.
- Chicago, Washington D.C., Atlanta, and Boston are all rumored locations for future UFC fights.
- Andre Arlovski is next in line for a heavyweight after Cro Cop assuming both win at UFC 70. This means Arlovski will likely face the winner of a Cro Cop/Couture matchup this fall.