All 18 fighters participating in tomorrow’s Strikeforce/EliteXC co-promoted event hit the scales earlier today in San Jose at the official weigh-ins for “Shamrock vs. Le”
Though most of the card made weight the event was not without its own share of issues, continuing the show’s string of recent problems. Frank Shamrock, who will be looking to defend his middleweight title in the night’s main event against Cung Le, initially weighed in at 186 pounds, one pound over the 185 pound title fight limit. Shamrock quickly dropped the excess weight and weighed in a brief time later at the required 185 pounds.
UFC veteran Drew Fickett weighed in at 174 pounds at the initial weigh-ins, 2 pounds over the contracted 172 pound catch weight. He returned several hours later and weighed in under the limit at 171 pounds. Additionally, Tiki Ghosn missed the official weigh-ins but made weight in his first attempt a brief time later.
Jesse Gillespie was the sole fighter who failed to make weight for the event. He weighed in at 180 pounds, 5 pounds over the 175 pound limit for his undercard fight against Jesse Jones.
“Shamrock vs. Le” Weigh-In Results
- Frank Shamrock (185) vs. Cung Le (183)
- Drew Fickett (171) vs. Jae Suk Lim (170)
- Gilbert Melendez (154.5) vs. Gabe Lemley (153)
- Mike Kyle (225) vs. Wayne Cole (209)
- Joey Villasenor (185 lbs) vs. Ryan Jensen (186)
- Tiki Ghosn (171) vs. Luke Stewart (171)
- Marlon Sims (162.5) vs. Billy Evangelista (160.5)
- Darren Uyenoyama (136) vs. Anthony Figueroa (133)
- Jesse Jones (173.5) vs. Jesse Gillespie (180)