The UFC’s first five-round non-title fight between middleweight contenders Chris Leben and Mark Munoz will headline the UFC’s return to England with UFC 138 on November 5 at the 16,000-seat LG Arena in Birmingham.
The event, which is expected to air via same-day tape delay on Spike TV, takes place just over a year since the UFC’s last trip to England for UFC 120 last October.
Leben (26-7) scored a 27-second KO of Wanderlei Silva earlier this month at UFC 132 to rebound from a January loss to Brian Stann with his fourth win in five fights.
Munoz (11-2) topped Demian Maia at UFC 131 in June for his third-straight win following victories over Aaron Simpson and C.B. Dollaway.
With the event set to be UFC 138 instead of a UFC Fight Night, a November 19 event in San Jose is now expected to be UFC 139.
UFC 138 joins a busy fall schedule for the UFC that includes:
- UFC Fight Night 25: Battle on the Bayou on Sept. 17 in New Orleans with a main event between Jake Shields and Jake Ellenberger.
- UFC 135 on Sept. 24 in Denver featuring light heavyweight champion Jon Jones vs. Quinton “Rampage” Jackson
- UFC on Versus 6 on Oct. 1 in Washington, D.C. including Charlie Brenneman vs. Anthony Johnson
- UFC 136 on Oct. 8 in Houston with lightweight champ Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard, featherweight champ Jose Aldo vs. Kenny Florian, and Chael Sonnen vs. Brian Stann
- UFC 137 on Oct. 29 in Las Vegas featuring welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre vs. Nick Diaz and BJ Penn vs. Carlos Condit
- UFC 139 on Nov. 19 in San Jose with a likely main event between UFC heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez and Junior dos Santos