Clay Guida spoiled Anthony Pettis’ Octagon debut at The Ultimate Fighter 13 Finale on Saturday, controlling the former WEC champ to earn a unanimous decision and move closer to his own shot at the lightweight title.
In the main event of the Spike-televised card, Tony Ferguson knocked out Ramsey Nijem in the opening round to win The Ultimate Fighter 13’s welterweight tournament.
Despite being unable to stop Guida’s takedowns, Pettis kept the fight close off his back with punches and submission attempts, including a late rear naked choke, but Guida’s top control and ground and pound proved too much, as “The Carpenter” earned 30-27 scores from all three judges.
After settling in early in the opening round, Ferguson rocked Nijem with a left late in the opening round and put the Team dos Santos member to sleep with a follow up right on the ground to claim the latest Ultimate Fighter title.
The main card also featured Ed Herman’s 48-second TKO of Tim Credeur, Kyle Kingsbury’s controversial unanimous decision over Fabio Maldonado, and Chris Cope topping fellow TUF 13 semifinalist Chuck O’Neil.
The complete results for The Ultimate Fighter 13 Finale were:
- Tony Ferguson def. Ramsey Nijem via knockout (punch) – Round 1, 3:54
The Ultimate Fighter 13 welterweight finals
- Clay Guida def. Anthony Pettis via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Ed Herman def. Tim Credeur via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 0:48
- Kyle Kingsbury def. Fabio Maldonado via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Chris Cope def. Chuck O’Neil via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Jeremy Stephens def. Danny Downes via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-26, 30-26)
- George Roop def. Josh Grispi via TKO (strikes) – Round 3, 3:14
- Shamar Bailey def. Ryan McGillivray via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Clay Harvison def. Justin Edwards (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Scott Jorgensen def. Ken Stone via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 4:01
- Reuben Duran def. Francisco Rivera via submission (rear naked choke) – Round 3, 1:57
Pictured: Tony Ferguson (via UFC.com)