DREAM lightweight champ Shinya Aoki submitted Rich Clementi with a second-round face crank in their featured non-title bout, while Masakazu Imanari and Hideo Tokoro advanced to the finals of DREAM’s Japan bantamweight grand prix at Sunday’s “DREAM: Fight for Japan” charity event in Saitama, Japan.
DREAM 17 was announced for July 16 in Tokyo, featuring light heavyweight champion Gegard Mousasi vs. Hiroshi Izumi, featherweight champ Hiroyuki Takaya vs. Kazuyuki Miyata, Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Willamy Feire, Imanari vs. Tokoro, and a third-place bout between Kenji Osawa and Atsushi Yamamoto.
The complete DREAM: Fight for Japan results were:
- Champ Shinya Aoki def. Rich Clementi via submission (face crank) – Round 2
- Katsunori Kikuno def. Daisuke Nakamura via unanimous decision
- Caol Uno def. Akiyo “Wicky” Nishiura via unanimous decision
- Takeshi Inoue def. Koichiro Matsumoto via TKO (strikes) – Round 1
- Joachim Hansen def. Mitsuhiro Ishida via split decision
Japan Bantamweight Grand Prix (semifinals)
- Masakazu Imanari def. Kenji Osawa via submission (Achilles lock) – Round 2
- Hideo Tokoro def. Atsushi Yamamoto via split decision
Japan Bantamweight Grand Prix (quarterfinals)
- Masakazu Imanari def. Keisuke Fujiwara via unanimous decision
- Kenji Osawa def. Takafumi Otsuka via split decision
- Hideo Tokoro def. Yoshiro Maeda via TKO (corner stoppage) – Round 2
- Yusaku Nakamura def. Atsushi Yamamoto via TKO (strikes) – Round 1