Weigh-ins for Saturday’s UFC 129 event took place today in Toronto as welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre, challenger Jake Shields, and the rest of the UFC 129 fight card hit the scale and made their fights official.
Both St-Pierre and Shields came in under the 170-pound limit, with St-Pierre at 169.5 pounds and Shields at 169.
UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo came in exactly at 145 pounds, while challenger Mark Hominick also weighed 145, but after his weight was originally announced as a quarter-pound heavy.
Former champions Randy Couture and Lyoto Machida both came in slightly under 205 pounds for their featured light heavyweight contest.
- Champ Georges St-Pierre (169.5) vs. Jake Shields (169)
UFC Welterweight Championship
- Champ Jose Aldo (145) vs. Mark Hominick (145)*
UFC Featherweight Championship
- Randy Couture (203.5) vs. Lyoto Machida (204.5)
- Jason Brilz (204.5) vs. Vladimir Matyushenko (205.5)
- Ben Henderson (156)** vs. Mark Bocek (155)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)
- Rory MacDonald (170.5) vs. Nate Diaz (171)
- Sean Pierson (170) vs. Jake Ellenberger (170)
- Pablo Garza (145) vs. Yves Jabouin (146)
- Daniel Roberts (170.5) vs. Claude Patrick (169.5)
- Charlie Valencia (135.5) vs. Ivan Menjivar (136)
- Jason MacDonald (185) vs. Ryan Jensen (185)
- John Makdessi (155.5) vs. Kyle Watson (155)
*- Hominick was originally announced at 145.25, but the athletic commission update his weight to 145 to compensate for his shorts.
**- Henderson missed weight by half a pound on his first attempt, but later made weight.