Tachi Palace Fights held their eighth event Friday night at Tachi Palace in Lemoore, California. UFC veteran David “The Crow” Loiseau got back in the win column defeating Leopoldo Serao via Doctor’s stoppage due to elbow strikes in the fifth round.
The fight started slow with Loiseau loading up and looking to finish Serao with one shot. Serao locked up multiple gogoplata attempts but was unable to finish Loiseau. Finally, referee John McCarthy stepped in during the fifth round after Serao was left bloodied due to barrage of elbows from Loiseau and took the doctor’s recommendation to end the fight.
Also in action Friday night was top-ranked flyweight Jussier da Silva, who was upset by WEC veteran Ian McCall. Da Silva looked strong early but was unable to finish McCall when he had the chance in the first round.
McCall rebounded and frustrated the Brazilian for the remainder of the fight with crisp boxing. McCall will likely face newly crowned TPF flyweight champion, Darrell Montague, who defeated champion Ulysses Gomez on Friday night.
Recent UFC cuts Fabricio Camoes and Steve Lopez met in the cage Friday as well. The Blackhouse Team product quickly dispatched Lopez with a head kick just twenty-three seconds into the bout. After the bout, former TUF winner Efrain Escucerdo entered the cage to set up a TPF lightweight championship bout with Camoes.
- David Loiseau def. Leopoldo Serao by TKO (Doctor’s stoppage due to elbows) at 1:12, R5
- Darrell Montague def. Ulysses Gomez by Unanimous Decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45), R5
- Ian McCall def. Jussier da Silva by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28), R3
- Edgar Garcia def. Mike Moreno by Submission (Guillotine Choke) at 1:47, R1
- Dominique Robinson def. John Gunderson by TKO (Strikes) at 0:41, R3
- Fabricio Camoes def. Steve Lopez by KO (Head Kick) at 0:23, R1
- Doug Hunt def. Andrew “Mickey” Martinez by TKO (Strikes) at 4:27, R1
- Andy Miranda def. Ryan Burton by Submission (Triangle Choke) at 1:06, R1
- Collin Hart def. Mike Arellano by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 1:32, R1
- Tyler Freeland def. Diego Melendez by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28), R3
- Alan Jouban def. Kyle Griffin by KO (Knee) at 0:15, R1