- Nate Mohr reportedly suffered a torn ACL in his loss to Manny Gamburyan while Wanderlei Silva and James Irvin were both hospitalized and given MRIs as a precautionary measure according to The Wrestling Observer. Official injury reports from the Nevada State Athletic Comission are expected to be released very soon.
- The UFC has announced that Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira will face Tim Sylvia in March for the Interim (not vacant) UFC Heavyweight Championship. Dana White acknowledged in a post-event interview with Steve Cofield that Couture remains the promotion’s heavyweight champion.
- During the post-event press conference Dana White expressed optimism that popular heavyweight Andrei Arlovski will fight in early-2008 but did not offer specific dates or possible opponents.
- UFC 79 took place in front of a sellout crowd of 11,075. The live gate for the event was a reported $4.9 million.
- Post-fight bonuses were revealed during the post-event press conference. Eddie Sachez received a $50,000 knockout of the night bonus, Georges St. Pierre earned $50,000 for submission of the night, and Chuck Liddell and Wanderlei Silva each received $50,000 bonuses for fight of the night.
- Though the official fighter salaries are still pending Yahoo Sports has revealed the payouts for the top fighters who fought at the event. Chuck Liddell took home the biggest payday earning $500,000 in base salary for his win over Wanderlei Silva. Silva earned a reported $150,000. Georges St. Pierre took home $160,000 including an $80,000 win bonus while Matt Hughes earned $100,000. Lyoto Machida took home $60,000 for his win over Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou who earned $40,000 in the loss.