Koscheck underwent surgery earlier this week for a broken orbital that shut his eye in a lopsided decision to welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre in the UFC 124 headliner and will likely be sidelined well beyond the mandatory two months.
Joe Stevenson joined Koscheck with a 60 day suspension after suffering a first-round KO to Mac Danzig on the Dec. 11 pay-per-view main card, while all of the event’s fighters received precautionary suspensions of at least 7 days.
The official UFC 124 medical suspensions (via The Underground) were:
- 60 days: Josh Koscheck, Joe Stevenson
- 45 days: Dan Miller, Joe Doerksen, Sean Pierson
- 30 days:Sean McCorkle, John Howard, Rafael Natal, Matt Riddle, TJ Grant, Pat Audinwood
- 28 days: Georges St-Pierre
- 21 days: Thiago Alves, Jesse Bongfeldt
- 14 days: Ricardo Almeida, John Makdessi
- 7 days: Stefan Struve, Jim Miller, Charles Oliveira, Mac Danzig, Dustin Hazelett, Mark Bocek
Pictured: Josh Koscheck