Former light heavyweight champions Quinton “Rampage” Jackson and Lyoto Machida both tipped the scale at 205-pounds on Friday to make their main event official for tomorrow’s pay-per-view card in Detroit.
UFC President Dana White stepped between the headliners after Machida’s fist got too close to Jackson’s face, but tempers quickly cooled and “Rampage” went on to promise fans an exciting fight.
Former champions BJ Penn and Matt Hughes both came in under the welterweight limit at 169-pounds and they’re now set to complete their trilogy in UFC 123’s co-main event.
The complete UFC 123 weigh-in results were:
MAIN CARD (PPV)
- Quinton “Rampage” Jackson (205) vs. Lyoto Machida (205)
- Matt Hughes (169) vs. BJ Penn (169)
- Phil Davis (205) vs. Tim Boetsch (205)
- George Sotiropoulos (155) vs. Joe Lauzon (155)
- Gerald Harris (185) vs. Maiquel Falcao (185)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)
- Matt Brown (170) vs. Brian Foster (170)
- Aaron Simpson (185.5) vs. Mark Munoz (185)
PRELIMINARY CARD (unaired)
- Karo Parisyan (170) vs. Dennis Hallman (170)
- Mike Lullo (155) vs. Edson Barboza (155)
- Paul Kelly (155) vs. TJ O’Brien (155)
- Tyson Griffin (155) vs. Nik Lentz (155)
Pictured: Matt Hughes and BJ Penn