James Toney topped the $1.428 million payroll for Saturday’s “UFC 118: Edgar vs. Penn 2″ event in Boston, as the boxing champ and MMA newcomer scored $500,000 for his first-round submission loss to hall of famer Randy Couture in the UFC 118 co-main event.
Other top earners included Couture ($250,000), former title-holder BJ Penn ($150,000), and lightweight champ Frankie Edgar ($96,000), according to figures released by the Massachusetts State Athletic Commission (via Sherdog).
The official UFC 118 fighter salaries were:
- Frankie Edgar: $96,000 (includes $48,000 win bonus) def. B.J. Penn: $150,000
- Randy Couture: $250,000 def. James Toney: $500,000
- Demian Maia: $68,000 def. Mario Miranda: $8,000
- Gray Maynard: $46,000 ($23,000 win bonus) def. Kenny Florian: $65,000
- Nate Diaz: $60,000 ($30,000 win bonus) def. Marcus Davis: $31,000
- Joe Lauzon: $24,000 ($12,000 win bonus) def. Gabe Ruediger: $8,000
- Nik Lentz: $22,000 ($11,000 win bonus) def. Andre Winner: $10,000
- Dan Miller: $30,000 $15,000 win bonus) def. John Salter: $8,000
- Greg Soto: $12,000 ($6,000 win bonus) def. Nick Osipczak: $10,000
- Mike Pierce: $24,000 ($12,000 win bonus) def. Amilcar Alves: $6,000
In addition to the salaries listed above, which are simply those disclosed by the UFC to the athletic commission and not representative of a fighter’s total earnings, Diaz, Davis, and Lauzon each earned $60,000 UFC 118 “fight night” bonuses.
Pictured: James Toney