Former UFC lightweight champion and WEC veteran Jens Pulver and former UFC heavyweight title-holder Tim Sylvia will return to action on August 14 in featured bouts at “War on the Mainland” in Irvine, California, according to Sherdog.
After being released by the WEC following a five-fight losing streak, including a first-round submission to Javier Vazquez in March, Pulver will look to bounce back when he meets 4-1 Diego Garijo on the August 14 card.
After stopping five-time World’s Strongest Man Mariusz Pudzianowski with punches in the second-round in May, Sylvia will face fellow UFC veteran Paul Buentello in the main event of “War on the Mainland,” which also includes Jason Lambert, Thales Leites, and Terry Martin.
The current “War of the Mainland” fight card features:
- Tim Sylvia vs. Paul Buentello
- Jason Lambert vs. Allan Goes
- Thales Leites vs. Falaniko Vitale
- Jens Pulver vs. Diego Garijo
- Terry Martin vs. Jorge Ortiz
- Gustavo Machado vs. Rick Reeves
- Joao Silva vs. Erin Beach
Pictured: Jens Pulver