As it stands right now, it certainly looks like it could be a while before we see Mark Hunt back in the Octagon. In fact, depending on how things play out between the 42 year-old heavyweight and the UFC, you never know, maybe we won’t see Hunt throwing his feared fists again?
If you follow Hunt, then you know that he was outraged by the news that Brock Lesnar was flagged for banned substances, following their bout at UFC 200 in July. “The Super Samoan” was particularly upset since the UFC waived the four month, drug testing requirement for Lesnar. Since then, Hunt has not only demanded that the UFC give him Lesnar’s purse, he’s also said he might sue the promotion.
Well, Hunt was a guest on “The MMA Hour” on Monday, and during the interview, he revealed he’s been offered fights with Josh Barnett and Junior dos Santos (quote via MMA Fighting.com).
“The UFC has offered me two fights,” Hunt said. “I missed out on a lot of money.”
“They offered me another fight, I think it was in Canada against JDS [Junior dos Santos],” he added. “I said I’ll take this fight if you put in a clause saying that if he is doping, then I get all of the money.
“The answer was no.”
Hunt also reportedly said that once Lesnar has his hearing with the Nevada Commission, he wants “compensation” for what’s gone down, or his UFC release. So, clearly things could get a lot worse pretty soon, between Hunt and the UFC. Will the promotion, who have new owners that just spent around $4 billion to acquire the company, do what Hunt’s asking?
Prior to his decision loss to Lesnar, Hunt knocked out Frank Mir this past March.