twitter google

Nate Diaz Says UFC Knows Third Bout With Conor McGregor is a “Bad Idea For Him”

Kelsey Mowatt

Nate Diaz

The UFC has many options, in terms of who Conor McGregor could fight next, but Nate Diaz believes the promotion may not be interested in booking a third bout between the two.

McGregor made history on Saturday night at UFC 205, by taking out Eddie Alvarez in the second round and securing the lightweight title . In doing so, the featherweight champion became the first man in UFC history to hold two titles at once.

Since then, there’s been plenty of discussion about who McGregor will face next. Due to the ridiculous runs both Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov have been on, many believe McGregor should face one of the two lightweight contenders. There’s also been talk about McGregor fighting welterweight champ Tyron Woodley.

Then of course, there’s also Nate Diaz, who faced McGregor twice this year and went 1-1. During the latest “MMA Hour”, McGregor’s coach John Kavanagh said he’d like to see McGregor – Diaz III next. ┬áDiaz recently spoke to ESPN.com, however, and he had this to say about the potential match-up:

“The UFC knows that’s a bad idea for him,” Diaz said. “Why didn’t I get tickets to this fight? I said, ‘I’ll leave him alone. I don’t want to fight the guy. Just let me get a seat.’ Me and my brother, they didn’t want to let either one of us in here.

“They want to hide me out, I think. Put him on more of a pedestal than they have already. It’s whatever though.”

There’s no doubt that McGregor – Diaz III would sell just fine, if not amazing. But, if the UFC doesn’t factor in rankings for McGregor’s next bout – meaning he doesn’t defend a belt – then you would think they’ll only do so for Woodley – McGregor right?

Follow MMAFrenzy

Search