K-1’s World Grand Prix 2010 took place overnight at the Yokohama Arena in Yokohama, Japan, and featured Strikeforce heavyweight champ Alistair Overeem scoring a first-round KO in his final bout before returning to the U.S. to defend his title against Brett Rogers on May 15.
In other notable action, Badr Hari earned a unanimous decision victory, while super heavyweight champ Semmy Schily and heavyweight champ Kyotara successfully defended their titles.
The complete results for K-1 World Grand Prix 2010 in Yokohama were:
- Badr Hari def. Alexey Ignashov via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-26)
Semmy Schilt (c) def. Errol Zimmerman via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-28)
K-1 Super Heavyweight Championship
- Kyotaro (c) def. Peter Aerts via KO (right hook) – Round 2, 1:56
K-1 Heavyweight Championship
- Alistair Overeem def. Dzevad Poturak via KO (right knee) – Round 1, 2:40
Jerome Le Banner def. Tyrone Spong via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Gohkan Saki def. Singh Jaideep via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-28, 30-28)
- Sergei Lascenko def. Takumi Sato by unanimous decision (30-29, 30-29, 30-28)
- Prince Ali def. Mitsugu Noda via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-27, 29-27)
- Tsutomu Takahagi def. Makoto Uehara via majority decision (30-29, 29-29, 30-29)
Pictured: Alistair Overeem