Following reports earlier this week that UFC 115 could be shifted from Vancouver to Cincinnati due to ongoing issues with the Canadian city, UFC President Dana White has informed the Canadian Press that the problems have been resolved and the event is set to take place on June 12 at GM Place in Vancouver as originally scheduled.
In December, Vancouver approved a two-year trial run for mixed martial arts in anticipation of the June UFC event, but legal issues mainly involving insurance and liability had prevented the UFC from making the event official.
UFC 115 was expected to be headlined by a matchup between The Ultimate Fighter 11 coaches Tito Ortiz and Chuck Liddell, but the latest reports indicate Liddell will face Randy Couture in July instead.
Here’s what the current rumored UFC 115 fight card looks like:
- Patrick Barry vs. Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic
- Ben Rothwell vs. Gilbert Yvel
- Martin Kampmann vs. Paulo Thiago
- Evan Dunham vs. Tyson Griffin
- Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald
- Mac Danzig vs. Matt Wiman
- Jesse Lennox vs. Mike Pyle
- Peter Sobotta vs. James Wilks
- Claude Patrick vs. TBA
Pictured: GM Place