twitter google

Tito Ortiz Denies Rumors, Says Fight With Chuck Liddell Remains On

Tito OrtizRampant rumors and reports over the last week have cast doubt on whether The Ultimate Fighter 11 coaches Tito Ortiz and Chuck Liddell would fight for a third time following the conclusion of the season, which debuts on March 31.

However, Ortiz spoke to’s Josh Gross on Thursday to deny that he was injured and forced to leave TUF 11, and maintained that he’s still scheduled to face Liddell later this year, barring an injury to either of the former light heavyweight champions.

Though Ortiz was hospitalized earlier this week for a “bad” flu, the latest update is in line with previous news from UFC President Dana White, who said “nothing happened” to Ortiz, while Tito and Chuck separately confirmed the bout was still on earlier this week.

While not officially announced, Liddell vs. Ortiz is expected to take place at UFC 115 on June 12 in Vancouver.

Pictured: Tito Ortiz

Follow MMAFrenzy