Former light heavyweight champions Quinton “Rampage” Jackson and Rashad Evans are finally set to settle their rivalry, as The Ultimate Fighter 10 coaches will square off in the main event of UFC 114 on May 29 in Las Vegas, the UFC today announced.
UFC 114, which airs live on pay-per-view from the MGM Grand Garden Arena, coincides with the second UFC Fan Expo.
Jackson and Evans had been expected to settle their feud at UFC 107 in December, but Jackson’s role in “The A-Team” and brief retirement (which ended late last year) postponed the fight, before the pair formally agreed to headline UFC 114 last month.
“Rampage” (30-7), who lost the 205-pound title to Forrest Griffin in July 2008, is coming off back-to-back wins over Wanderlei Silva and Keith Jardine, while Evans (14-1-1) rebounded from loss last May to Lyoto Machida with a unanimous decision over Thiago Silva in January.
The latest rumored UFC 114 fight card features:
- Rashad Evans vs. Quinton “Rampage” Jackson
- Forrest Griffin vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira*
- Michael Bisping vs. Dan Miller*
- Dong Hyun Kim vs. Amir Sadollah*
- John Hathaway vs. Diego Sanchez*
- Todd Duffee vs. Mike Russow*
- Melvin Guillard vs. Thiago Tavares*
- Efrain Escudero vs. Dan Lauzon*
- Chris Leben vs. Aaron Simpson*
- Luiz Cane vs. Cyrille Diabate*
- Joe Brammer vs. Aaron Riley*
- Jesse Forbes vs. Ryan Jensen*
* Not officially announced