UFC 199 went down last night, and it featured plenty of jaw dropping moments in and out of the Octagon,
Yes, not only did Michael Bisping score one of the biggest upsets in UFC history, the promotion also announced Nate Diaz – Conor McGregor II will take place at UFC 202, and that Brock Lesnar will fight at UFC 200…
Now sure, some people probably predicted that Bisping would defeat Luke Rockhold, but there was no serious talk about Lesnar fighting at UFC 200 prior to yesterday. After all, Lesnar is under contract with the WWE.
Well, speaking of the pro-wrestling company, it released the following statement regarding Lesnar:
Brock Lesnar remains under contract to WWE, however, he has been granted a one-off opportunity to compete at UFC 200. Following this milestone event on July 9, Brock will return to WWE for SummerSlam on Sunday, August 21, live on WWE Network.
It’s possible that if things go well for Lesnar at UFC 200, then maybe he will return to the cage for more fights after his WWE deal ends. But, clearly his pro-wrestling obligations aren’t wrapped up just yet.
Lesnar’s opponent for UFC 200 has yet to be determined. The 38 year-old heavyweight hasn’t fought since 2011 when Alistair Overeem put him away in the opening round.
After wards, Lesnar said his fighting days were over, and cited his battle with diverticulitis as a reason why. Last year, however, Lesnar talked to the UFC about resigning with the promotion, but eventually he elected to go with the WWE.
The former champ said, at the time, he was closing the book on his MMA career. Clearly, however, Lesnar still has a big itch to throw down in the Octagon again.
The accomplished wrestler, who stopped Randy Couture to win the UFC title, has a pro record of 5-3.