twitter google

Nate Diaz Discusses Meeting With UFC Brass, Believes Talks Are “Moving Forward”

Kelsey Mowatt

Nate Diaz

Nate Diaz has admitted his recent meeting with Dana White and Lorenzo Fertitta wasn’t exactly a laugh littered, smiles all around event, but apparently it wasn’t a complete disaster either.

Last week, the internet was lit up, after it was reported that White had stormed out of a meeting with Diaz in Stockton. It was also reported that Diaz, White and Fertitta met up again, and that things were okay, but White also admitted the meeting hadn’t gone well.

Well, Diaz was the guest for a special edition of “The MMA Hour” on Wednesday. During the show, the rugged fighter said the following about reports the meeting had gone south (quote via MMA Fighting.com):

“That was exaggerated,” Diaz said. “We finished talking and then we walked out. It wasn’t the worst meeting. It wasn’t the best meeting but it wasn’t the worst meeting either.”

Now, Diaz also went to confirm that as widely speculated, the UFC has been talking to him about a rematch with Conor McGregor at UFC 202 in August. Diaz, however, also noted that since the fight seems like a “pretty big deal”, he’s negotiating for more money, and that he wants more of a push from the promotion. Fair enough. Despite this, Diaz did say he believes talks are moving forward…

So, while it appears there’s a ways to go yet, it does look like Diaz – McGregor II is going to get signed eventually. When it does, perhaps we’ll stop hearing so much about McGregor – Mayweather…

Follow MMAFrenzy

Search