Yes, Dana White has said that Conor McGregor will not be boxing Floyd Mayweather, and most fans are scoffing at the rumor, but the Irish star is keeping the story alive…
A couple of days ago, “The Sun” reported that a bout between Mayweather and McGregor was in the works, and that it could be finalized shortly. White, not surprisingly, said there isn’t truth to the story. McGregor is under contract with the UFC, and the promotion hasn’t historically let its champs go compete elsewhere.
Well, since then, Mayweather has done his part to fan the rumor flames, and McGregor recently tweeted this:
MMA Vs Boxing. pic.twitter.com/qgl8tKvT5s
— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) May 8, 2016