UFC officials haven’t made any announcement, but according to a tweet from Conor McGregor, the featherweight champ has been rebooked for UFC 200…Interesting huh?
Last week’s headlines were dominated with the name ‘McGregor’, after the UFC decided to pull the Irish star from the July 9th event. The promotion did so, after McGregor said he would not attend all the promotional appearances the UFC had planned for the event.
The outspoken fighter says he’s done more than his fair share of promoting in the past for the UFC, and McGregor cited all the revenue he’s generated as evidence. McGregor wants to focus on preparing for a rematch with Nate Diaz, who tapped him out at UFC 196 in March.
Well, late last night, the following tweet was posted by McGregor.
— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) 25 April 2016
Now, before you start celebrating, as noted above, the UFC has yet to make an official announcement. MMA Junkie’s John Morgan is also reporting the following:
Multiple sources I have spoken with so far indicated nothing changed in regard to Conor’s exclusion from UFC 200. Nothing from his team yet.
— John Morgan (@MMAjunkieJohn) April 25, 2016
So, it’s hard to say what’s going on here. It could be that McGregor’s camp are close to reaching a deal with the UFC, and he jumped the gun. It’s also possible this is all a bargaining ploy and a way of pressuring the UFC. After all, McGregor did announce once via Twitter that he was going to be fighting Diego Sanchez…
UFC 200 will be hosted by the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on July 9th.