11 of the 22 fighters in action at Saturday’s “UFC 109: Relentless” event is Las Vegas were issued medical suspensions on Monday by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, including main card winners Chael Sonnen and Demian Maia, as well as losers Mark Coleman, Mike Swick, Dan Miller, and Frank Trigg.
Maia, Swick, and preliminary card fighter Mac Danzig were issued the card’s longest suspensions, sidelined until August unless cleared by a doctor for various injuries.
The full list of UFC 109 medical suspensions included:
- Mark Coleman: Suspended until March 9
- Nate Marquardt: Suspended until March 9
- Chael Sonnen: Suspended until March 24 for lacerations on forehead and nasal bridge
- Mike Swick: Must have left elbow cleared by doctor or suspended until August 6
- Demian Maia: Must have left eyelid laceration cleared by doctor or suspended until August 6
- Dan Miller: Suspended until March 9
- Frank Trigg: Suspended until March 24
- Mac Danzig: Must have left knee cleared by doctor or suspended until August 6
- Justin Buchholz: Suspended until March 9
- Melvin Guillard: Requires follow up eye exam before returning
- Rolles Gracie: Suspended until March 9
Pictured: Mike Swick