twitter google

Dana White Says he Shouldn’t Have Let Sage Northcutt Fight at UFC on FOX 18

Kelsey Mowatt

Sage Northcutt

Sage Northcutt incurred his first pro defeat on Saturday at UFC on FOX 18, and according to Dana White, the bout shouldn’t have taken place at all.

Northcutt was submitted by welterweight Bryan Barberena in the second round, and since then, the 19 year-old has revealed he was sick with strep throat. The revelation has been dismissed and or scrutinized by some, but according to White, “Super” shouldn’t have fought.

While appearing on the Big Boy TV, the UFC President said this about Northcutt (quote via MMA Fighting.com):

“The kid was super sick and he still wanted to fight,” White said. “His father said, listen we still want to take the fight, we still want to take the fight. I should have pulled the kid from the fight. He’s 19 years old, he fought three times in [four] months. I should have pulled the kid from the fight.”

Now does this mean Barberena doesn’t deserve props for the win? No. No it doesn’t.

Follow MMAFrenzy

Search