All but one of the fighters slated to fight at Strikeforce: Evolution on Saturday in San Jose, California, including headliners Cung Le and Scott Smith, successfully made weight on Friday for the Showtime-televised event.
Lightweight champions Josh Thomson and Gilbert Melendez, who unify their titles in the “Evolution” co-main event, also made weight, as did remaining main card fighters Matt Lindland, Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza, Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal and Mike Whitehead.
The official “Strikeforce: Evolution” weigh-in results were:
- 185: Cung Le (184) vs. Scott Smith (185.5)
- 155: Josh Thomson (c) (153) vs. Gilbert Melendez (c) (154)
Strikeforce Lightweight Championship Unification
- 185: Matt Lindland (185.25) vs. Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza (185.5)
- 265: Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal (218.5) vs. Mike Whitehead (261.5)
- 205: Antwain Britt (205.5) vs. Scott Lighty (203)
- 155: Daisuke Nakamura (154.5) vs. Justin Wilcox (155.5)
- 155: Bobby Stack (153.75) vs. David Douglas (157.5)*
- 145: A.J. Fonseca (143.25) vs. Alex Crispim (145.5)
* Missed weight on initial attempt, has two hours to lose additional weight before being penalized
Pictured: Cung Le