Penn weighed-in right at the 155-pound division limit on his first attempt, while Sanchez initially weighed in one pound heavy but ultimately made weight, tipping the scale at 154.5 on a second try.
Co-headlining heavyweights Frank Mir (264.5) and Cheick Kongo (239) and featured lightweights Kenny Florian (156) and Clay Guida (156) also made weight, as did the rest of the 11-bout card, though Edgar Garcia required additional time to shed an extra 2 pounds, while a number of fighters had to strip down and take advantage of the one-pound allowance to make weight.
As a reminder, MMAFrenzy.com will have live results from UFC 107 tomorrow beginning at 7pm ET.
The official weigh-in results for UFC 107 were:
- 155: BJ Penn (c) (155) vs. Diego Sanchez (154.5)^
UFC Lightweight Championship
- 265: Cheick Kongo (239) vs. Frank Mir (264.5)
- 155: Kenny Florian (156) vs. Clay Guida (156)
- 265: Paul Buentello (255) vs. Stefan Struve (247)
- 170: Jon Fitch (171) vs. Mike Pierce (171)
- 195: Alan Belcher (195) vs. Wilson Gouveia (193)
- 155: Shane Nelson (156) vs. Matt Wiman (156)
- 170: Ricardo Funch (171) vs. Johny Hendricks (171)
- 185: Lucio Linhares (185) vs. Rousimar Palhares (186)
- 170: Edgar Garcia (171)* vs. DaMarques Johnson (171)
- 170: Kevin Burns (171) vs. T.J. Grant (171)
^ Sanchez initially weighed-in at 156 pounds, but weighed-in at 154.5 on a second attempt.
* Garcia weighed two pounds over the 171-pound limit on his initial try, but later made weight.
Pictured: BJ Penn