Main card winners Matt Hamill and Matt Mitrione were among nine fighters issued medical suspensions on Tuesday by the Nevada State Athletic Commission stemming from bouts at Saturday’s The Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale in Las Vegas.
Hamill, who won by disqualification after opponent Jon Jones finished their fight with illegal elbows, will have to sit out until June unless cleared by a doctor after suffering a dislocated shoulder in the bout, while Mitrione, who defeated Marcus Jones on the Spike TV-televised main card, was also suspended until June for a right wrist injury.
Preliminary card fighters Darrill Schoonover, James McSweeney, and Justin Wren were also issued lengthy suspensions after being injured in their fights, while four fighters, including TUF 10 runner-up Brendan Schaub, received shorter suspensions for precautionary reasons.
The complete list of medical suspensions includes:
- Brendan Schaub: Suspended until January 20.
- Matt Hamill: Suspended until June 4 unless cleared by doctor for left shoulder injury. Minimum suspension until February 5.
- Marcus Jones: Suspended until February 5.
- Matt Mitrione: Suspended until June 4 unless cleared by doctor for right wrist injury. Minimum suspension until January 5.
- Darrill Schoonover: Suspended indefinitely until cleared by doctor for undisclosed reasons. Minimum suspension until February 5.
- James McSweeney: Suspended until June 4 unless cleared by doctor for right hand injuries.
- Justin Wren: Suspended until June 4 unless cleared by doctor for possible facial fractures.
- John Howard: Suspended until December 27.
- Dennis Hallman: Suspended until February 5.
Pictured: Matt Hamill