Vinny Magalhaes submitted Mike Nickels in the first round of the main event of Ring of Fire 36 Friday night at the Magness Arena on the University of Denver campus. Magalhaes locked on an armbar early forcing Nickels to tap just 1:19 into the contest.
Duane Ludwig earned a submission victory via strikes over Ryan Roberts in the co-main event of the fight card. The stoppage came at 2:05 of round one.
Earlier in the evening Anthony Morrison forced Alvin Robinson to submit due to strikes, and Cameron Dollar forced Kit Cope to tap with a rear naked choke.
Full ROF 36 Results:
- Vinny Magalhaes def. Mike Nickels via submission (armbar) — 1:19 Round 1
- Duane Ludwig def. Ryan Roberts via submission (strikes) — 2:05 Round 1
- Anthony Morrison def. Alvin Robinson via submission (strikes) — 1:09 Round 1
- Cameron Dollar def. Kit Cope via submission (rear naked choke) — 4:38 Round 1
- Eric Smith def. Cody Donovan via TKO (strikes) — 3:18 Round 1
- Justin Guthrie def. Ian Berg via submission (rear naked choke) — 2:17, Round 1
- Andreas Spang def. Andre Walker via submission (guillotine) — 2:20 Round 1
- JJ Mondragon def. Zach Valdez via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Jen Berg def. Sarah Goodlaxen via TKO (strikes) — 1:23 Round 1
- Vinny Lopez def. Shane Lemaster via TKO (Couldn’t Answer Bell) — 3:00 Round 1
- Kyane Hampton def. Rachel Perry via TKO (strikes) — 2:52 Round 1
- Oscar Jimenez def. Husam Alberq via Split Decision (29-28, 29-28, 27-30)