Light heavyweight champ Lyoto Machida (202.5) and challenger Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (204.5) successfully made weight for the UFC 104 main event, as did co-headliners Cain Velasquez (238) and Ben Rothwell (265).
Welterweight knockout artist Anthony Johnson will likely be moving to middleweight for his next bout after weighing in 6 pounds over the division’s 170 pound limit. Johnson will forfeit 20 percent of his purse to opponent Yoshiyuki Yoshida, who weighed in at 170 pounds, but the fight will go on as scheduled.
Lightweights Josh Neer and Gleison Tibau both narrowly missed the division’s 155 pound limit for their matchup, but have agreed that neither will need to shed extra weight, instead meeting at a 157 pound catchweight.
Stop back to MMAFrenzy.com tomorrow night beginning at 7pm ET for live coverage of UFC 104.
The official weigh-in results were:
- 205: Lyoto Machida (c) (202.5) vs. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (204.5)
UFC Light Heavyweight Championship
- 265: Cain Velasquez (238) vs. Ben Rothwell (265)
- 155: Joe Stevenson (155.5) vs. Spencer Fisher (155)
- 170: Anthony Johnson (176) vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida (170)*
- 155: Josh Neer (156.5) vs. Gleison Tibau (157)**
- 205: Ryan Bader (205) vs. Eric Schafer (205.5)
- 265: Antoni Hardonk (249.5) vs. Patrick Barry (237)
- 185: Yushin Okami (185) vs. Chael Sonnen (185)
- 185: Jorge Rivera (185) vs. Rob Kimmons (185)
- 205: Kyle Kingsbury (205.5) vs. Razak Al-Hassan (204.5)
- 265: Stefan Struve (243.5) vs. Chase Gormley (262)
* Johnson, who weighed in 6 pounds over the welterweight limit, will forfeit 20% of his purse to Yoshida for failing to make weight, but the fight will go on as scheduled.
** Neer and Tibau have agreed to fight at a catchweight of 157-pounds after both weighed in over the lightweight limit.
Pictured: Lyoto Machida