This coming Saturday, October 24, MMAFrenzy.com will be on site to cover The Carolina Crown 2, an event put on at the RBC Center in Raleigh, NC by the North Carolina based company Carolina Fight Promotions. We will also be on site for the weigh-ins Friday at Locked & Loaded Grill in Garner, NC.
The full card for the event features five amateur bouts and nine professional bouts, including a main event light heavyweight contest featuring Vinny Magalhaes vs. Jason Guida. The main event was originally scheduled to be a rematch from “The Ultimate Fighter” of Magalhaes vs. Lance Evans, however Evans was forced to withdraw from the bout due to a leg injury.
The schedule for the weekend includes weigh-ins Friday at 6pm at the Locked & Loaded Grill, with “cage” girls on hand from 5pm to 8pm. Amateur bouts start at 4:30 on Saturday at the RBC Center, and the professional bouts begin at 7:30. Following the conclusion of the fights at the RBC Center is the official after party at The Backyard Bistro which is only a block away from the RBC Center. The after party will allow you to mingle with the “cage” girls and meet some of the fighters. They will also be showing the UFC 104 pay-per-view broadcast at the after party.
MAIN CARD PROFESSIONAL BOUTS (7:30 PM start)
- Vinny Magalhaes vs. Jason Guida (205) Main Event
- Preston Marks vs. Jon Owens (145) Interim Championship
- Brian Keller vs. Jake Whitfield (170) Championship
- Jerry Spiegle vs. Billy Dowey (185)
- Dave Linder vs. Pete Martin (155)
- Marcus Thomas vs. Tomar Washington (205)
- Justin Dalton vs. Larry Hughes (145)
- Jeff Tharington vs. George Hickman (155)
- Jeff Loken vs. Grant Harris (145)
UNDERCARD AMATEUR BOUTS (4:30 PM start)
- Dustin Turbeville vs. Jimmy Hall (170)
- Drew Allen Stewart vs. Chris Sutton (265)
- Rachel Dovidio vs. Alicia Corey (140)
- James Ronsick vs. Simon Chi (155)
- Carlos Perez vs. Nick Rahn (160)