Mike Easton retained the Ultimate Warrior Challenge bantamweight title on Saturday in the main event of UWC 7: Redemption, topping Chase Beebe in a controversial split decision that capped off the card at the Patriot Center in Fairfax, Virginia.
Beebe dominated Easton on the ground for the majority of the bout, taking his back at will over the course of the five-round fight while Easton struggled to escape and mount any sustained offense of his own. Though Easton showed solid defense on the ground and managed to connect in bursts, Beebe seemingly did enough in the middle frames to secure a victory, winning the bout on nearly every observer’s scorecard, but the judges awarded the native Easton a split decision win.
In the evening’s co-headliner, Pat Runez was crowned the first-ever UWC flyweight champion by edging John Dodson on the judge’s scorecards after an entertaining five-round slugfest.
The complete results for UWC 7 were:
- Mike Easton (c) def. Chase Beebe via split decision (49-46, 48-47, 49-46)
UWC Bantamweight Championship
- Pat Runez def. John Dodson via split decision (48-47, 48-47, 48-46)
UWC Flyweight Championship
- Kyle Baker def. Tommy Truex via TKO (strikes) — Round 1,
- Timothy Woods def. Ryan Sturdy via TKO (strikes) — Round 3
- Jacob McClintock def. Beau Baker via TKO (strikes) — Round 1
- Kris McCray def. Igor Almeida via TKO (strikes) — Round 1
- Iman Ichhal def. Sumie Sakai via TKO (strikes) — Round 2
- Jesse Rigleman def. Taz Ferguson via split decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Freddy Assuncao def. Felipe Arantes via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28. 30-27)