- Middleweights and light heavyweights are invited to tryout for The Ultimate Fighter 11 on Monday, October 26 at the Renaissance Airport Hotel in Los Angeles. Veteran David Loiseau is among the fighters who plan on trying out for the show. [Fanhouse]
- Urijah Faber says he’s close to a new deal with Zuffa and plans to fight in January [Raw Vegas]
- Undefeated light heavyweight Stanislav Nedkov has been added to the rumored lineup for Sengoku 11. [MMAjunkie]
- Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos is unlikely to defend her Strikeforce title on November 7 against Marloes Coenen as rumored, with an undisclosed injury likely preventing her from participating on the CBS-televised card headlined by Fedor Emelianenko vs. Brett Rogers. [MMAjunkie]
- Dan Henderson would reportedly fight fellow middleweight contender Nate Marquardt contrary to previous reports, but still needs to finalize a new contract with the UFC. [Fighters Only]
- Chuck Liddell has advanced to round three of ‘Dancing with the Stars’.
- Jesse Taylor, the Ultimate Fighter 7 finalist who dropped a unanimous decision to Jay Hieron in his Strikeforce debut in August, recently posted on Facebook that he’ll be fighting on the main card of a November 6 “Strikeforce Challengers” event on Showtime.
- Former UFC middleweight contender Thales Leites has signed with Maximum Fighting Championship in Canada.
- Butterbean vs. Tank Abbot will headline “Alabama Pride” on December 12 in Birmingham, Alabama, with rapper DMX co-headlining the card in a celebrity boxing matchup.
- At a Tuesday press conference, DREAM revealed the six-sided “white cage” it will use for its October 25 DREAM 12 event, which will also mark the promotion’s first use of the standard three, five-minute round fights, a format that will only be used once each year. The promotion also added Eddie Alvarez vs. Katsunori Kikuno and Won Sik Park vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka the event’s official lineup.
- Starting in October, the WEC plans to hold a show each month through next summer. [MMA Weekly]
- Undefeated Bellator featherweight champion Joe Soto will face off against California prospect Mike Christensen at the Tachi Palace Fights debut at an outdoor event at the Tachi Palace Hotel & Casino in Leemore, California on October 8. [MMAJunkie]
- The infamous Kalib Starnes will face Bellator middleweight champion Hector Lombard at Cage Fighting Championship 11 on Oct. 9 in Queensland, Australia. [MMAWeekly]
- The three American Kickboxing Academy welterweights (who by the way refuse to fight one another) plan to continue calling out Matt Hughes as a game because they, “know he’s not going to agree to it.” Apparently Paul Daley likes their plan, and has decided to call out Hughes as well, in the hopes of elevating his UFC status. [CagePotato and FightersOnly]
UFC UFC 205: Rashad Evans Says Having “to Earn my Way” Through New Division Has Motivated Former 205 Champ