Kickboxer Antz Nansen spoiled the MMA debut of fellow-newcomer Hiroshi Izumi on Wednesday in the main event of Sengoku 10, stopping the 2004 Olympic judo silver medalist from Japan with strikes in the opening round of the headliner at the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan.
Antonio Silva won his sixth-straight in the Sengoku 10 co-main event, submitting Jim York in the opening round to pick up his second-straight win outside the US since testing positive for steroids after winning the EliteXC heavyweight title last summer.
In other notable action, former IFL champ Ryan Schultz dropped his third-straight with a first-round knockout at the hands of Kazunori Yokota, Dan Hornbuckle stopped veteran Nick Thompson with strikes in the second-round, and Joe Doerksen won his fourth-straight with a second-round TKO of Takenori Sato.
The complete results for Sengoku 10 were:
- Antz Nansen def. Hiroshi Izumi via TKO (strikes) — Round 1, 2:56
- Antonio Silva def. Jim York via submission (arm-triangle choke) — Round 1, 3:51
- Makoto Takimoto def. Jae Sun Lee via unanimous decision
- Kazunori Yokota def. Ryan Schultz via KO (punch) — Round 1, 2:31
- Fabio Silva def. Ryo Kawamura via TKO (strikes) — Round 1, 2:28
- Dan Hornbuckle def. Nick Thompson via TKO (strikes)- – Round 2, 1:30
- Joe Doerksen def. Takenori Sato via TKO (strikes) — Round 2, 4:27
- Maximo Blanco def. Tetsuya Yamada via TKO (strikes) — Round 2, 1:12
- Ikuo Usuda def. Woo Hyon Baek via TKO (strikes) — Round 1, 4:59
- Shigeki Osawa def. Ki Hyun Kim via unanimous decision
- Jae Hyun So def. Ryosuke Komori via unanimous decision